Saturday, March 19, 2011

Inspirations

I'm not even sure what this looks like yet, since there were glitches starting the blog, but maybe I'll be able to make it look nice as we go.

First of all, I'd like to say that this blog was inspired by two sources: The Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior and The James Randi Educational Foundation

RAWarrior is a blog about Rheumatoid Arthritis, and is the most helpful RA blog on the internet.  She questions everything from the differences in patient symptoms to criteria for diagnosis to RA awareness to...well, you get the idea.  She covers most everything about RA in her blog.  I especially like the section in which she addresses people who do not have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

JREF (randi.org) is a global skeptical community that I've kept an eye on since it came online.  I am a skeptic myself and find the discussions on their site refreshing, informational, and sometimes hilarious.

I suggested that Kelly at RAW write an article about pseudo-medicine, and how it can be harmful to Rheumatoid Arthritis patients, and offered to help, but the more I look around the web, the more information and mis-information I see, so I decided that this topic needed its own blog.

Also, I decided I wanted a personal blog for myself because, though I am a hopeful person, I am not a person who believes in any religion.  I am not an atheist either, but I'll talk more about that later.

So here is my first post.  I'll now see if I can add some links and make the blog look half-way decent.  Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home